Saturday, May 31, 2008

Be-fouling the Blogosphere?

Hello Fellow Confused Blog-o-spherians:

NOTE: I may be wrong concerning our newest member of the Peabody Bloggers... but I am not sure. I do not write to TELL YOU what to think, only to remind you to THINK. Time will tell if this new blogger is interested in making Peabody a better place or has some other business in mind. Also, I added Keith back per his request.

Well, the times they are indeed a'changin.

Seems that Keith has decided to go silent for a while. I think that whatever Keith needs to do is fine with me. I hope he returns to blogging in the very near future. I am glad for all the things he has tried to do for the City and its Citizens.

I see that a False Fred has joined the fray. Please understand that I believe he is NOT the Ole Fred we have enjoyed in the past. And the blog he purported to have open... is, in-fact, a fraud. I do not trust comments made from the ole fred poster.

And, of course, we have Pat. Now, if you are a fan of Saturday Night Live, you might remember another Pat, portrayed by Julia Sweeney, who played a character who wasn't quite discernible as either a man or a woman. Well, we have had our own Peabody version of a comedy skit revolving around the name of Pat, Pat Patriot to be exact.

Over time, we have been told that there have been at least 3 different Pats... and then this has been denied and other allegations tossed about, but now we seem to have a NEW PAT.

This New Pat is a craft little devil. So far he (and I am pretty sure it is a he) has claimed to have stolen the domain name from the Old Pat, he has linked it to both Keith's (shuttered) site and to Mayor Bonfanti's election website. He has obviously created 'buzz' by posting over and over again at his new site using different anonymous names. Some of these are familiar ones he has usurped and others are simply there to provide agreement with his initial views.

The odd thing is that the views are entirely, and enthusiastically, Pro City Administration. But they are TOO over the top for anyone to honestly believe that they are anything else than false praise. A none-to-clever attempt to bring scorn to the City Leaders by heaping so much LOVE onto them that it is impossible to not find some point to disagree with.

So I have removed my link to New Pat's blog. I have removed my link to Keith's blog as well (per his polite request). Note: Keith did NOT express any hostility toward me in any way - certainly not as was characterized by New Pat. In fact, I have removed other blogs entirely, and only have a link to the City of Peabody website.

Finally, I do not actually believe that New Pat is indeed a New Pat. I think that it is the Old Pat. Old Pat has proven himself to be a rather vile and dark person. I have personally been threatened by him and know he has done the same to others. He is neither interested in a fair assessment of the issues nor a spirited give-and-take on important topics and ideas.

Like many of the original members of the PCBG discussion board, he is only interested in hearing himself talk and others agree with him.

I don't say this to prejudice you against him, but rather to inform you as to why my comments might be interpreted as being angry or negative at times.

I will continue to allow comments on my blog. However, I reserve the right to delete what I see as inappropriate or threatening in any way.

And, as is stated on my blog front page, this is only a TEST BLOG! It will remain simply as a way for folks to converse who have no other method.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "new Pat" IS the "old PAt"!

C'mon PI!

Anonymous said...

You guys are crazy. The old Pat was a HUGE anti-admin guy. Only a retard would connect the two. I just don't believe it. I think the new Pat is Fred, who strikes me as a really strange dude. I believe reading that Pat turned over his URL to Fred way back when and then left the scene. Fred is a wierdo. I would not be surprised if he was trying to pull a fast one here.

Anonymous said...

I love this.Just because PI and original Pat did not get along PI has decided to slander the guy. PI you are a classless ass. This new Pat is a turd. Why not go after him the right way instead of dragging a legendary figure thru the mud. Come on PI.

Peabody_Insider said...

I stand by my opinion.

I am waiting to hear just one actual good comment about the administration (that is not a back handed slap) come out of the "New" Pats mouth.

As far as "old" Pat is concerned... I have neither respect nor pity for that sad old man.

Anonymous said...

That is clear like i said that you hate Pat so I think that plays to your lack of credability on this subject. This new Pat scum is not the old Pat. I am convinced so stop being a jerk.

Anonymous said...

Before praising Bone-fanti, the original Pat would rather have steel rods poked through his eyeballs. Nuff said.

New Peabody Patriot said...

PI. Maybe we have different styles when it comes to getting our message across. But I really don't get why you are against me. You and I are birds of a feather when it comes to who we support. WE should be uniting not fighting. You have more in common with me than you do miserable anti-Bonfanti guys like Keith Doucette.

Peabody_Insider said...

We will see NPP.

Time will show your character and perhaps we will all coexist peacefully.

In fact, I think it is noble to be willing to expend time and energy in an endeavor like a blog. So, if you become part of the solution, and not just part of the problem, we will ALL benefit in the end.

I look forward to better days for the City of Peabody.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete:

How are those steel rods feeling?

Anonymous said...

OG says...
there have been a lot of Pats...a lot of Freds and a lot of 'anonymous' contributors but you and I both know that there is only one OG !!! OG will ride out this latest storm and find a safe harbor....keep up the good work PI !!

Anonymous said...

Og,There is only one "true Fred"

Anonymous said...

New Pat is Old Fred.