Friday, May 30, 2008

Pat Phrases

It turns out we have yet another blog which has cast its eyes upon the fine City of Peabody. But this is not (well not yet anyway) a ringing endorsement of this newest endeavor.

It seems that the Old Pat Patriot, a man who pretty much I can say was NOT a fan of the Peabody Insider, has decided to allow his URL to lapse. (For those of you NOT into the web-world, this means he did NOT pay to continue to have control of www.peabodypatriot.com)

So a NEW person, one who claims to be PRO-PEABODY in every sense of the word, has opened a NEW BLOG at newpeabodypatriot.blogspot.com. I point this out to make sure readers understand the giant difference between what you might be expecting and what you might be seeing.

Old Pat's blog, peabodypatriot.blogspot.com has long since faded into web oblivion...
as will Old Fred's blog (ofpatriot.blogspot.com).

So far I have seen nothing but silly postings, comments and recomments by the original poster (disguised as others), falsely claiming to be well known posters (such as OG) and already threats to out yours truly.

I will let this blog stew for a few days before I make my personal judgment on it. Perhaps it is suffering from opening day jitters? Perhaps it is run by a bunch of middle schoolers who found their first 6-pack? Whatever the situation, I will try and continue to provide simple straightforward insight when I feel my 2-cents has some value.

While I am skeptical... I am hoping for better things from the NPP.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

PI, You can not be so nieve? That is Old Pat posing as another person!!

Peabody_Insider said...

Well, that thought had also crossed my mind.

One way to promote your own cause (and for Old Pat that was pretty much the downfall of City Hall) is to OVERLY PRAISE in the EXTREME... which is pretty much what I have seen so far from New Pat.

I will wait and see... but so far... I am not impressed.

Pele said...

PI please remove my link from your site.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Bonfanti Rules!!

Gamache is king of ward 5!!

It was all a big joke!!

Peabody Idiot said...

This is NOT the real Fred.

New Peabody Patriot said...

I think it is the REAL Fred. He's finally come to his senses

Anonymous said...

Rock on Brother!!

Peace to all!

Bonfanti is king!

Anonymous said...

Pi Check it now!

New Peabody Patriot said...

PI I will try to behave myself. Maybe I came on too strong in the beginning just because I was trying to do something sensational to get people to visit my new blog. Please help me make it a fair and balanced forum. THe ones that have come before are biased toward the negative, complainers out there who only all bad when it comes to the mayor. I happen to think he is doing a GREAT job. But I can also tolerate those who think he could do better. What I can't tolerate is political oportunist who only want to put down this very good man.
Peace, brother. Together we can take our city back and battle the naysayers.

Anonymous said...

PI ...heard from Ted Neary lately?

Peabody_Insider said...

Sorry. I don't know who Ted Neary is. And when I google him I see he graduated from Bishop Fenwick, wants cable TV competition and was once on the Rent Control Board here in Peabody.

So, no I haven't heard from him at all.

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I think polite post. Specially the appellation attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone!

i've been looking to figure out a place to begin the Acai Berry free trial and was wondering if someone had some thoughts on whether or not the stuff works for weight loss? So far here is the 1 [url=http://acaiberries.blinkweb.com/new-blog.html]article[/url] I've been able to come across that seemed real for the goals I have. Thoughts?